A heart healthy diet is an important matter which you must consider as soon as possible. The heart is one of the most important parts of your body so taking care of that is the most important thing which you must consider. Not only for you, for the complete family, you need to include certain food in your diet which you must consider as healthy. Though one gets tempted to various fast food or other tasty food, one must remember heart health in mind every time.
Now let us take a look how to make heart healthy diet:
• Add lots of fruits, in your diet, prepare great fruit salads with olive oil, avoid saturated and Trans fats. Have avocados, which has high potassium,antioxidants and nuts to your diet.
• Eat fruits with lots of antioxidants such as blueberries, pomegranate
• Have a good amount of citrus fruits on a daily basis.
• Eat fresh fruits; you must add various fruit juices daily to your diet chart.
• Eat lots of fish and shellfish, which contain omega 3 fatty acids such as salmon, tuna.
• Add high fiber to your diet. Cook various lentils, brown breads, whole grain, legumes, oatmeal. Oatmeal or Cornflakes as morning breakfast will surely keep your heart healthy.
• Add low fat or lean protein to your diet. Eat boiled chicken, egg whites.
• Add calcium to your diet, but check those must not contain saturated fat. Have skimmed milk, soy milk.
• Add dark chocolate to your diet, which has lots of flavonoid and polyphenols which is good for your heart.
• Add soy protein to your diet in the form of soy milk, tofu and soya beans.
• Add potassium rich food to your diet, such as tomato, potato, banana.
• Add green tea to your heart healthy diet, which has a huge amount of polyphenol, antioxidants which has a huge role to play in keeping the heart healthy.
• Add green vegetables such as spinach, kale, broccoli which are high in carotenoids.
• Coffee is also good for your heart , have coffee at least ones a day.
Avoid butter, cheese, fatty animal flesh such as beef, mutton. Avoid non dairy cream, saturated fat or trans fat foods. Avoid eating food which is cooked in palm oil or various other kinds of fatty oil. Avoid high sodium based foods, especially fried snacks, chips and such other fast foods.