Today I will tell you about Vitamin A and Its Benefits. Human Body is composed of numerous cells and for sustaining these cells require vast amount of enzymes which carry out the chemical reaction in the body and vitamins are the small molecular particles which the body requires to carry out this reactions. There are 13 different types of Vitamins which the body requires and human body need to get these vitamins naturally from food or via any other supplements.
Vitamin A is one of the very important for your body skin, skeletal and soft tissues, teeth retina and immune system. It is fat- soluble vitamin. Vitamin A is naturally available in two compound forms:
- Carotene/alpha carotene/beta carotene/gamma carotenes
Benefits of Vitamin A
- Vitamin A is very essential for your retina. Vitamin A provides maximum benefits to your eye. It helps to develop the pigments in the retina. Retinal in vitamin A helps to produce the rods and cones in the eyes to sense the light. Vitamin A helps to have a good vision which will increase the eye capacity to have a good vision even in dark. It prevents the eye from facing issues of glaucoma and cataract. It even helps eye from getting dry.
- Vitamin A is very good for skin. It protects the skin from any skin disease and helps to keep it soft and moisturized. Vitamin A mainly protects your skin from sunburns. It protects the skin from rashes, acne, non inflammatory skin scaling, cold sores, dairies’ disease and eczema. It heals the wounds soon. For women especially it works as anti ageing. Vitamin A proves beneficial in preventing skin cancer. It also cures liver spots.
- Vitamin A helps in hormone growth. For Men it is useful for sperm growth.
- Vitamin A is beneficial for body’s immune system. Vitamin A is especially helpful for the diseases caused by virus such as measles, viral illness, jaundice etc. It also supports to fight Human immunodeficiency Virus. It helps to fight back such disease. Vitamin A in blood cells just acts as a replica. It helps to heal gastrointestinal ulcer. Vitamin A at often is used to treat various infections and mouth sores.
- For the cancer patients Vitamin A helps to develop the DNA in the blood cells which can fight back. Vitamin A even slows down the development of tumor in the body.
- Vitamin A is also helpful from stroke victims. Development of DNA in blood cells helps to sustain.
- Vitamin A is effective for thyroid treatment. It also used for the curative purpose of disease such as hearing problems i.e. deafness.
- Vitamin A is quiet beneficial is curing kidney stones. It is also helpful for disease like asthma, headache and other problems of nervous system.
- Vitamin A should be taken in proper amount daily. If there is deficiency in human body then it can lead you t various diseases above mentioned but if its overdosed then it can turn your skin yellowish because of excessive beta carotene. So it’s better advisable to take it in proper amount.
Adults require minimum 700 -900 mcg of Vitamin A.
- For Male (14 onwards) it will be 900mcg per day
- For female (14 onwards) it will be 700 mcg per day
And for kids it will vary from age to age:
- From 0 to 6 months it will be 300 mcg per day
- From 7 to 12 months it will be 300 mcg per day
- From 1 to 3 years it will be 300 mcg per day
- From 4 to 8 years it will be 400 mcg per day
- From 9 to 13 years it will be 600 mcg per day
So overall, Vitamin A is very necessary for a human body. It has lot of benefits. Proper intake of Vitamin A is really useful to prevent your body, eye and skin from further disorders. Vitamin A is naturally available in lots of fruits, vegetables and meat.